CAREER PLANNING WORKSHEET
Many competent executives have failed more than once in their careers because they did not understand their strengths and weaknesses; nor had the guidance to target the right choice. The questions in this worksheet are fundamental to conducting a self-assessment. Regardless of your becoming a registrant with REmatrix, we invite you to answer them for your own personal use.
- Think back to the time when you were 16, and list all the things you have done that you regard as accomplishments.
- Without being modest, list the things you do well.
- Now describe the things you don't do well -- things that could get in the way of your progress.
- Values - what things are important to YOU in life?
- What aspects of your past jobs have you found to be most interesting and personally rewarding?
- What aspects of your past jobs have you found to be least interesting or least gratifying?
- What have you done to assist you in reaching your career goals? And what do you need to stop doing, which could work against your success? Also, what do you need to start doing to ensure that you attain the success you desire?
- Describe the IDEAL JOB for you in terms of the activities; the organization; the people you work with, and the supervision you receive; the exercise; the pay; the satisfactions you would experience, and anything else that comes to mind.
- If you saw your time over again, what would you do differently?
- If you had five years to live, what would you do with your remaining time?
- With unlimited financial resources, what would you do with your life?
- Write your own autobiography for the next five years.